Take Your Life in Hand
Here are 5 useful habits, and you have, at your fingertips, a handy way to remember them.
- Take time to think what you want to achieve in life.
- What would your best life look like?
- What are the goals you want to achieve?
- Think of all aspects of life. Here are some suggestions, but everyone will be different.
- living simply and within your means
- having fun
- learning what you need or want to
- health and fitness
- helping others
- It might even be best to go away somewhere or take some special time to work this out.
- Work with a significant other, or alone, or with a wise friend. Up to you.
- Break your plan down into smaller tasks. We want to get to a place where you can select a task(s) to work on for the day.
- Consult your list.
- Plan your day. This could (and might be best) be done the evening before.
2. Now you know what you want to achieve, you can think of how best to spend your next hour or two.
- You might have a plan for the day, but when you are getting started on something, knowing it is the best use of your next hour or so will give you focus.
- Start work and commit to being focused and immune to distractions.
- Set a timer for a dedicated session, and plan a short break after about half an hour or whatever suits you. Google Pomodoro Technique for more on how to set timers and take breaks.
3. At the end of a day/unit of time, think how you could have done better.
- But congratulate yourself for what you have done. It’s all achievement.
- Commit to any improvements you can make.
4. Ask yourself if you are in balance.
- Are you hitting all aspects of your life?
- Are you balanced across the areas that are important to you?
- Take some remedial action if necessary.
- For example, you might be ignoring social. Call some friends and invite them to get together.
5. By now you’ll see if there are any gaps in your plan.
- Redesign your plan.
- Rinse and repeat each day
- This will become habit.
You should be pleased with your results and should be able to get better and better at this with use.
Best of luck.
Full Disclosure: The Monday Webinar leads to a program of education and a done-for-you internet marketing system. I receive commission if you decide that this system is for you.